Thursday, October 11, 2012

the nightly dance of the little latta.

As I sit here in bed, awake partially because of the Coke I drank and waiting for Daniel to get home, I am constantly watching my belly. It's pretty much all I do. I would sometimes rather watch my belly than watch television. Unless Vampire Diaries is on. If so, baby can wait. It's just so wonderful to see William move around in there, sticking out his butt or poking at my belly button region with little feet/hands (I really don't know which is which yet; I only assume). I certainly hope that he is this wiggly and cute once he gets here!

Sometimes I make a game of it. I poke the belly or give it a few taps just to see if William decides to answer. Sometimes he does; sometimes he doesn't. God forbid you try and tickle me. William will let you know that he doesn't like it! It's also pretty hilarious to have Daniel sleep with his arm around my stomach and have William kick him in the arm over and over again until he moves. He's very protective of his mama :)

I know that many of my friends haven't had babies yet, partially because I am a bit ahead of the curve, but there's nothing like seeing and feeling someone you have helped create move around inside you. It's like their little way of telling you they are there, without you ever having to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment