Friday, November 16, 2012

34 weeks and the joys of cake.

Only three more weeks and the Little Latta will be safe to arrive! (Well, depending on who you ask. 37 weeks is now considered "full-term". Look it up!) I am so ready for him to be here, as I often say. What I am not prepared for is all the things I will have to give up doing when I am no longer with fetus.

5) I will no longer be able to wear leggings and a shirt. I mean, without inciting the ridicule of every fashionable lady at the grocery store. Which, let's face it, is kinda hard to find around here.

4) I will no longer be able to feign weariness to get out of household chores. Oh? You don't have any socks? I'm sorry that I have been BUSY GROWING A BABY HERE. *said in most snarky tone* (most effective when paired with the evil twitchy eye)

3) Eating half of a cake all by myself will be no longer deemed acceptable. Recently, my mother and I made my husband a red velvet cake for his birthday. That was three days ago. Said cake was just recently polished off by a very hungry, hungry hippo.

And by hippo, I mean "pregnant woman".

2) Sleeping till noon/one/after everyone else is up will be impossible. If I have one more person tell me to "sleep while I can", I might just explode. I KNOW. And you are going to look pretty dumb if I have the perfect newborn who sleeps like a widdle angel. (I know, I'm just kidding myself *sigh*)

1) I will no longer be able to hog the baby all to myself in my mama kangaroo pouch. Because slapping my family members on the hand when they try to touch the Little Latta might be frowned upon. Unless you are a stranger. If so, KEEP YOUR PAWS OFF.

So far, all is complete for his little arrival. Bag is packed, clothes and blankets are washed, and we have enough diapers to last us through...well, at least the first week. I've been pretty busy lately with school and various baby-related events, but I'll keep you all updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment