Monday, January 7, 2013

Dear William: Week Three














Dear William,

I've finally remembered to start writing my letters to you! Hopefully you'll forgive me. It's incredibly difficult to recall things when I am incredibly tired.

These first three weeks have been pretty crazy. You've invaded our home in quite a noisy fashion. I can't do anything without hearing your little squawks echoing throughout the house, which are incredibly adorable by the way. You have your dad and I completely trained; you go into pterodactyl mode and we come running, bottle or blankie in hand. And I don't mind it one bit :)

You already look more like your dad than me, at least I think so. You have a cute bottom lip and make grumpy little faces, like your dad. Both of you even sleep the same way: mouth wide open. I'm determined something's just going to fly in there one day, your mouth falls open so wide. But I see myself whenever you grip my fingers with your long fingers or kick out your long legs. We even have the same feet (which I will apologize for in the future, especially if you're ten and wearing a size 10).

Right now you are asleep in my lap, pacifer kind of falling out because you are so out of it. I am falling more and more in love with you each day, even though some times I am so tired that I kind of forget. It makes me so proud to see you grab your pacifer or hold your head up. You can even raise your body up when you're on your belly. Your head just hasn't started cooperating yet. Soon you'll be smiling and laughing and I'll be completely yours. I mean, I already am. You just don't realize it yet.
I know you'll do great things and I can't wait to help you achieve them. But right now I'm just happy with the snuggles you let me have.

No comments:

Post a Comment