Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dear William: Weeks 5 and 6

Dear William,

I was a little busy this week, so I am combining two weeks in one letter. I am sure you will forgive me.

You are quite the tricky one. You like to pretend that you are sleeping and then immediately open your eyes and begin squeaking once I lay down. Cute, but not good for Mama's general health. I'm sure one day you will be more sympathetic...at least I hope you will be...

Over the past two weeks you have lost all the hair on the top of your head and subsequently started growing more hair on your eyebrows (I am very proud). You are also shedding your skin like a snake or your grandpa with a sunburn and I CAN'T HELP BUT PEEL IT. I think I need a pair of those mittens you're being tortured with on a nightly basis. Did I mention you like to scratch yourself? You get so worked up sometimes, especially in the car, and for some reason like to take it out on your face. Your MeMe even filed down your nails, but it was no use. I promise you won't always have to wear mittens, since after a certain age I think it's frowned upon. You also love to watch television. I think it's the colors but I would like to think that you really are interested in what we are watching. You especially liked watching your first basketball game the other day. Thankfully, the Tarheels won, so they gave a good first impression.

Week 5, also known as "Zombie Time"
 Your dad and I love you more and more every day. I know, I say that a lot, but it's true. You are the cutest little person and I love that you are such a weirdo. You like to put your hands and/or a foot down my shirt as I carry you and you like to suck on your daddy's fingers when you are hungry. The other night you went after his entire arm and I laughed for a good long while. Hopefully when I finally get a job you'll save all the cute stuff for when I get home.

Week 6. Look at those cheeks!

Thanks for putting up with us for this long. I promise, we are learning and are only here to serve you.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment